Plumer Road Shopping Village believes the responsible collection and use of personal information is fundamental to developing a business based on enduring relationships with its customers, suppliers, owners and staff. “Personal information” is defined as information or an opinion through which an individual’s identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. Eternal Cleaning is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. Plumer Road Shopping Village is committed to respecting the individual’s right to privacy and has developed honest, transparent protocols to ensure personal information is handled appropriately.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Information is only collected if it is required for one or more of Plumer Road Shopping Village functions
- It is collected by fair and lawful means and not in an intrusive way.
- Plumer Road Shopping Village prefers to collect information directly from the individual / business entity.
- Plumer Road Shopping Village will take reasonable steps to inform the individual / business entity that the collection has occurred, why the collection occurred and how the information may be accessed.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
Personal information is never sold to other parties.
Specific needs To meet the individual’s or organisation’s specific needs Plumer Road Shopping Village may disclose the personal information to the organisations which:
- provide/manage/administer a service or product such as printers and mail out house
- are involved in the payments system including financial institutions, credit card providers and payment organisations
- are involved in the maintaining, reviewing and developing Plumer Road Shopping Village business systems including testing or upgrading our computer systems
- provide legal or accounting advice
- require or are authorised by law to access the information.
Marketing Plumer Road Shopping Village
Over the years Plumer Road Shopping Village has collected information for the development of direct mailing lists to let clients know about our cleaning services. This may be done after an initial contact and we assume we have the individual’s / business entity’s consent to use service providers to assist us with this unless Plumer Road Shopping Village is told otherwise.
From December 2001 onwards each direct marketing communication will prominently display a notice whereby the recipient can elect to opt out of receiving any further direct marketing communications.
- Website visitors email addresses are only recorded if the user chooses to leave a message.
- An email address will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided.
- Individuals who have chosen to join an email list may opt out simply by advising Plumer Road Shopping Village that the address is to be removed from the mailing list.
Plumer Road Shopping Village does not collect any personal information about an individual / business entity when the website is visited unless the user chooses to provide such information. The information received depends upon what the user does when visiting the site. Site Visit Data – the following is recorded and collected for statistical purposes:
- The server address of the visitor
- The name of the top-level domain from which the internet was accessed
- The date and time of the visit to the website
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The recording of such information enables us to identify the areas of the site that are most popular and to tailor the site accordingly.
- Links – the website may contain links to other sites. Plumer Road Shopping Village is not responsible for the content and privacy practices of other websites.
You invite Us and Our sponsors and agents to use Your personal information for marketing purposes. This includes contacting You by telephone, mail or e-mail to discuss products and services We or our sponsors and agents may offer and which You may agree to purchase, and this extends to goods or services from Us or any third party.
Please contact PRV@toga.com.au by email or otherwise contact Us in writing if You want to withdraw this invitation and exclude Your name from Our marketing lists.
KEEPING PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE
Plumer Road Shopping Village will take all reasonable steps to make sure personal / business entity information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If an individual/ business believes the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date please contact the Company.
Plumer Road Shopping Village protects against misuse; loss; unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of personal information by:
- Requiring all employees to observe confidentiality protocols
- Controlling access to the premises and paper based systems
- Adopting measures to secure the computer network used for storing, processing and transmitting personal information
- Protecting communications via data transmission from interception eg email and unauthorised access to the computer network
- Personal information is retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which information was collected or as required by law. Once used for the intended purpose paper documents containing personal information are shredded.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
An individual/ business may gain access to personal information provided the request for access is not frivolous, vexatious, unlawful, or prejudicial to negotiations between Plumer Road Shopping Village and the individual.
Plumer Road Shopping Village endeavours to provide access within 10 business days of the written request.
Plumer Road Shopping Village will verify the identity of the individual seeking access prior to the information being provided. If it is a complex issue Plumer Road Shopping Village will advise the individual accordingly but will use all reasonable endeavours to provide access within 20 business days of the written request.
If access is denied then written reasons will be provided as to why access was denied.
In certain circumstances we may be required to collect government identity numbers eg tax file numbers. Plumer Road Shopping Village does not use these numbers to identify individuals for its own purposes.
Plumer Road Shopping Village does not require individuals to provide personal information unless the information is required to do business.
Plumer Road Shopping Village does not collect “sensitive information” about an individual or organisation. Sensitive information means information or an opinion about an individual’s:
- Racial or ethnic origin; or
- Political opinions; or
- Membership of a political association; or
- Religious beliefs or affiliations; or
- Philosophical beliefs; or
- Membership of a professional or trade association; or
- Membership of a trade union; or
- Sexual preferences or practices; or
- Criminal record
- Health status
RESOLVING PRIVACY ISSUES
Individuals who have an issue which they wish to raise with the Company may do so by contacting Plumer Road Shopping Village Management,
By Email : PRV@toga.com.au
By Telephone : 02 9356 1000
By Post : Plumer Road Shopping Village, Management, L5,45 Jones Street, Ultimo, NSW 2007
If the individual is not satisfied with the responses provided by Plumer Road Shopping Village the matter may be taken to the Privacy Commissioner who will investigate the matter. More information may be obtained from the Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au